Happy Monday! We’re kicking off the week with a, well, major kick. Do y’all remember my Mexican Street Corn that I posted a couple years back? It’s a classic at our house every summer, and to me, the recipe is perfection. With one caveat, that is: everyone ends up with aioli on their fingers and corn in their teeth — you kind of have to embrace the fact that you’re going to be a total mess while eating it. I finally had the brilliant idea to take the corn off the cob and turn this recipe into a salad that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any other Mexican-themed menu this summer. Stay tuned to see our full Cinco potluck party next week, and keep reading for this ridiculously easy and delicious recipe…
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bag frozen corn, or 4 cobs of corn with kernels removed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- a few shakes of Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- cotija cheese for topping
- Heat the olive oil up to a medium heat in a large skillet and add the bag of corn. Cook until the corn is lightly charred, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let the corn come to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce, and cilantro until the dressing has reached a smooth consistency.
- In a large serving bowl, add the corn, onion, jalapeño, and avocado, and drizzle the dressing over. Stir gently to combine. Top with more freshly chopped cilantro, cotija cheese, and chili powder for serving.
Share this Post
yum! I love the idea of doing this in a bowl rather than getting all yucky – sigh, wish it was fresh corn season already!
Oh, just reading this recipe makes my mouth water! So simple and I am certain so yummy delicious! Thanks for sharing. Sandra
This looks absolutely incredible and so easy to make! I love no lettuce salads – they’re so fun and flavorful!
Ahhh! I was JUST talking about Mexican Street Corn on Sunday! I am definitely going to try this salad!
That sauce — Chulula green — is the bomb! (And I’m no neophyte.) Can’t wait to try this…
Agreed — it is so delish that I want to put it on everything!
Recipe sound amazing! I’m going to substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayo to save on fat and calories.