Like many of us, I’m trying to cook and eat as pure as possible these days. It’s a little cold for green smoothies every morning, so I’m opting for another simple & wholesome breakfast. These mini frittatas take almost no time at all, and are the perfect breakfast for an easy weeknight breakfast or weekend brunch (double the recipe for a crowd). Feel free to mix it up with different herbs and greens, and find your favorite.
- 5 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Baby arugula, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic, shallot, almond milk and dill.
- Zest approximately 1 teaspoon of zest and the juice of half a lemon.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Combine well.
- Use olive oil to grease your mini muffin pan.
- Ladle in egg mixture up to the top.
- Season with flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. They will puff up slightly when done.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and serve on a bed of arugula drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice. Enjoy!