- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pieces okra, sliced on a bias
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 each sungold or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan until you reach the smoking point. Add okra and sauté until browning begins. Season with salt.
- Add shallots and jalapeños; sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic, sauté for 3o seconds. Add walnuts and tomatoes, and toss to incorporate.
- Deglaze pan with sherry vinegar, and reduce until it’s almost dry. Remove pan from heat, and add the butter, tossing and stirring to create a glaze.
Share this Post