(Intrigued by the idea of salad for breakfast? Don’t miss this favorite with arugula and soft-boiled eggs.)
- 1 large bunch of kale, washed, stemmed & torn
- A pinch of flaky sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup tablespoons hempseeds
- A good handful of microgreens
- Raw Almond Caesar (Vegan, dairy-free) Makes about 2/3 cup
- 1/2-2/3 cup almonds, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 small lemons, juice + zest
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon caper brine (or olive juice brine)
- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the juice of one lemon into kale. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
- Then, make almond dressing: After soaking almond, rinse and drain well. Add to high-speed blender or food processor with the following five ingredients. Blend ingredients well, then stream in olive oil until desired texture. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Mix kale together with sliced radish, avocado and microgreens and hempseeds. Toss in desired amount of dressing (it's on the thicker side, so use your hands to massage it in).
To poach eggs:
- Fill a large saucepan with water and a good splash of white vinegar. Over high heat, let the temperature come until you begin to see tiny bubbles around the rim.
- Plop in your eggs (one at a time, if you’re nervous). Let the eggs sit for about 30 seconds, then slowly stir making sure the egg white wraps around the yolk. If your egg gets stuck on the bottom of the pan, don’t fret, use a silicon spatula to carefully remove it. Let cook until egg whites just begin to firm (or set), and aren’t translucent.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, draining the water, then top an egg on each serving.
- Garnish with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Share this Post