For the vinaigrette:
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Flake sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- *Keep dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake well before using.
For the salad:
- 2 large carrots with tops, chopped and shaved (tops reserved)
- Olive oil for pan frying
- 8 baby carrots
- 4 cups baby greens
- ½ cup celery leaves
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
For the garnish:
- Edible orange flowers (I used nasturtium, orange pansies and marigold)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, honey and garlic. Add the olive oil and whisk until thoroughly combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dry the carrot tops. Line a plate with a paper towel and set aside. In a small sauté pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil and heat until it glistens. Add the carrot tops and cook until crisp. Remove to plate and season with salt. Set aside.
- Divide the carrots, baby greens and celery tops between 4 plates. Drizzle Orange Vinaigrette over each. Garnish with the edible flowers and fried carrot tops.