A delicious and summery side dish from Denmark-based chef, Mikkel Karstad. Check out the full story: A Dinner Party in Denmark with Julie Pointer Adams
dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, vegetarian
- 4 green zucchini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- just less than 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the tops and ends.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put the zucchini in the oven and bake them for 30-35 minutes, or until tender with a nice color.
- After taking the zucchini out of the oven, cool them in a sieve so they drip off a bit of the liquid.
- Blend the zucchini with the garlic, mint, and basil until finely ground, and adding juice from the lemon and olive oil until it reaches a consistency of a soft puree.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve puree with your favorite bread, as a side or appetizer to a larger meal.
Share this Post