- 1 eggplant
- red wine vinegar
- canola oil
- Create a bed of coals in your barbecue pit using hardwood charcoal or wood.
- Place the whole eggplant on the coals. Rotate ¼ turn every 15 minutes until charred on all sides. Be careful when turning so you don’t puncture the skin. (but it’s ok if you do!)
- Remove from the coals and let sit to cool to a temperature that will allow you to handle it.
- Carefully make a slit down the side exposing the inside.
- Scoop out everything on the inside leaving all the burnt skin behind.
- Put all of the insides into the blender. Add the vinegar to taste and the oil is added to help create a smooth consistency.
Share this Post