- 1 cup black tea
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 cardamon pods, lightly crushed
- 2 pears
- crème fraîche
- Combine the tea, honey, and cardamon in a pot that will fit the 4 pear halves in one layer but will still be pretty snug.
- Heat at medium heat until the honey dissolves completely.
- Place the pear halves with the sliced side down. Increase the heat to medium high and cover with a lid.
- Once you boil for 15 minutes with the lid on, start checking every few minutes until the liquid becomes thick and viscous while also making sure not to burn it off.
- Keep heating until the pears look done. They should be slightly brown and soft. If your liquid has mostly boiled off but the pears don't look ready, add more tea.
- Let them cool and serve with a smear of crème fraîche.
Share this Post