Eggplants are one of my favorite things about end of summer produce — I always buy way too many at the store, and then… don’t really know what to do with them. That was before I discovered THIS incredible stuff-and-roast technique, shown in the video above. It’s the perfect party recipe because everyone can build their own, and it’s a vegetarian dish that is hearty enough to be a main course. Watch the video for the technique, then keep scrolling for the recipe. And hop over to our full video page for other fun recipes like coconut bowls, shakshuka, poké bowls, my favorite lunchtime grain bowl, and the secret to the best grilled chicken ever.
- 2 eggplants
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- pomegranate seeds
- fresh mozzarella
- pine nuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplants down the center, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, face down, for 20 minutes or until the eggplant is tender but still has a bite.
- Transfer to a cutting board, and spoon out just enough of the inside to form small boats for toppings.
- Top with desired ingredients and put under the broiler for 2-3 minutes just before serving.