Recently I listened to the most inspiring podcast interview with Elle Macpherson in which she shared her approach to wellness and how she stays as beautiful as ever by taking care of both her physical and mental health. Ever since, I’ve been dying to get my hands on her Super Elixir Alkalising Greens, so I was thrilled when the brand reached out to us to collaborate on a fun summer recipe that’ll help us detox and get that glow from the inside out. Watch the video above to find out why it’s important to have a balanced PH level in the body, and get the recipe for our superfood popsicles that are guaranteed to make everyone in your house really happy that summer’s on the horizon. And be sure to scroll to the bottom for the recipe card!
***Video by Eve Tarlo & crew, photography by Jenn Rose Smith
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons Super Elixir Alkalising Greens
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a few shakes cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- for topping: 1 cup dark chocolate (or white chocolate)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- toppings: granola, chopped pistachios, goji berries, coconut, crushed peanuts, orange zest... get creative!
- Combine all the popsicle ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks, and chill overnight.
- To make the topping, combine 1 cup chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler (or on 50% power in the microwave) and gently melt, frequently checking so as not to burn. Stir together until melted, then let sit for 30 minutes to cool down a bit before dipping popsicles into it. If it needs to be more liquidy for pouring consistency, whisk in another teaspoon or two of coconut oil.
- When ready to unmold popsicles, run molds under warm water for a few seconds to loosen. Once they're released, dip half of each popsicle in chocolate coating, then immediately coat in toppings (experiment with sprinkling toppings on, or pressing popsicle into a bowl filled with the topping -- both ways work.)
- Return to freezer for an hour to re-harden, then eat!