- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small watermelon, well chilled, rind removed, and cut into 3/4-inch thick rectangles, about 4 cups
- Maldon salt flakes or coarse sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small fennel bulb, very thinly shaved
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- In a small bowl, add the whiskey, lime, olive oil, an cayenne pepper and whisk to combine
- Lay a thick rectangle of watermelon on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with shaved fennel and arugula.
- Drizzle several tablespoons of the whiskey dressing over the top of it all, finish off with another sprinkle of salt and more pepper, and serve.
Share this Post