It’s that time of year where I avoid “cooking” at all costs. The weather here in NYC has been in the 80’s and humid, so the last thing that’s on my mind is the warmth of a hot oven. These days, breakfasts have been refreshing and quick – smoothies, yogurt, granola, and the like. This chia pudding requires almost no effort & is light enough for even the hottest of days. Top with your favorite fruit, a bit of natural sweetener & even some chopped nuts or seeds. It fills you up without weighing you down (and also happens to be pretty damn tasty.) Happy Summer!
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chestnut honey or maple syrup (& more for topping)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz. strawberries (or mixed berries)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla, salt & sweetener of choice. Stir together, then add to fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Once the chia seeds have congealed to your desired texture, stir well & serve immediately. Top with berries and more honey or maple syrup. Divide evenly among bowls & enjoy!
Share this Post