- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- Cut the butter into small 1 cm x 1 cm cubes. They should each be about the size of a pea.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and salt together. Dump the butter cubes in and flatten out each cube using your fingers making sure that each piece is coated with flour.
- Add the ice cold water and mix with a wooden spoon. Round up the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Flatten out the crust a little and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- handful of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- Sauté the zucchini and mushroom with butter to give it a slight browning. Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once the pie crust is chilled, roll out the dough using flour to prevent sticking. I usually aim to roll it out into a 12" diameter circle. Transfer the crust to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Layer the zucchini and mushroom, parmesan, goat cheese, and minced garlic onto the crust making sure to leave a 1" border. Salt the toppings and start folding the dough over, pleating to hold it in. Brush the beaten egg onto the folded over dough with a pastry brush. Bake for 30 minutes.