Today marks exactly 30 days until Christmas — a fact that both excites and terrifies me. Every year, it feels like the holiday season flies by at a quicker pace, and despite the fun and joy there’s also a little sadness at the things that I wanted to do that just didn’t happen. Since we’re committing this year to crafting the holiday that’s right for each of us personally, I’ve been spending some time this weekend thinking about which holiday traditions truly have meaning for me. Which spark joy and are in line with what actually matters to me (and which can I ditch because they mainly just stress me out?)
Enter: the holiday bucket list. It’s the perfect time to put pen to paper and choose a handful of things that will bring more joy to your life and fill you with holiday spirit. Things that you vow to make happen, no matter how busy life gets.
Here’s what’s on my Holiday Bucket List so far:
1. Draw names for Secret Santas with our team at the office.
2. Make homemade gifts (like this quick bread) and deliver them to our neighbors’ front doors.
3. Get my girls (and their little girls) together for a gingerbread house decorating tea party.
4. Take the kids to shop for children in need – Toys for Tots or Angel Trees at stores are a great place to start.
5. Read Christmas books aloud in front of the fire – my favorites are The Polar Express and The Gift of the Maji.
6. Watch The Holiday while sipping a big mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows.
What’s on your list? Leave a comment – I’d love more ideas! And scroll on for a few great reads from around the web this week…
Productivity hacks from these successful women.
How wabi-sabi can declutter your home, while still feeling cozy.
Opt for a wellness night in this holiday season.
The butternut squash soup that’s perfect after a week of nonstop eating.
Speaking of which, here’s the lazy-girl’s guide to a post-Thanksgiving detox.
It’s happening: I’m finally going to learn how to fishtail braid this weekend.
The interior design trends that are bound to happen in 2019.
Are your muscles sore on the second day? Here’s what your body is telling you.
A simple and sophisticated home tour.
And a few fun things you may have missed!
These are the most pinned cocktails this holiday season.
We spent a morning at home with Top Chef’s Gail Simmons.
The cutest mugs for cozy sipping all season long.
How to set the holiday table, for the modern girl.
Share this Post