It’s no big shocker that I’m a fan of a healthy morning and bedtime routine, and sometimes I wonder if I talk about mine too much… are y’all getting sick of it yet?! But in all reality, there are few things in my life that contribute as much to my overall health and energy levels. And since my routines are always evolving as I learn more about women’s health and hormones, and I enter new seasons of life, I always love to share the latest tips that are helping me navigate the stresses of life with more ease. Enter, CBD.
One of the best additions I’ve made to my wellness regimen over the past several months has been incorporating the right daily dose of CBD into my morning (for sustained, even energy) and my wind-down (for a better night’s sleep.)
I really think it’s been a major player in how balanced and energized I’ve been feeling each day lately. Of course, so many factors go into our overall wellness, especially the food we’re eating, how we’re moving our bodies, and the quality of our sleep, but my daily dosage has felt like a great, calming support for the other things I’m doing in an effort to feel my best. I’ve been taking Equilibria, an organic, lab-tested CBD brand made specially for women that provides personalized dosage advice so you know exactly what to take, when. Read on for more about the benefits of CBD, as well as tips on knowing the right timing and dosage for your individual body.
CBD is one of the most-talked about products in the wellness space right now, as it moves from being something that was once on the fringe… to something that even my conservative dad takes to help with his sleep problems. More people are tapping into CBD’s healing properties to help decrease inflammation, support optimal gut health, relieve anxiety, calm our pet’s anxiety, clear up our skin, improve sleep, help us focus, and more. A few things you should know about CBD:
- CBD is a natural ingredient found within industrial hemp flowers. It is clinically proven to impact mental and physical well-being, when taken properly and consistently.
- It’s completely safe and legal in all 50 states — you don’t get high by taking it.
- And for your science lesson: CBD is a cannabinoid: a chemical compound that interact with receptors in our Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The ECS plays a crucial role in regulating sleep, inflammation, mood, anxiety and overall homeostasis (a body’s state of balance). Our bodies naturally produce cannabinoids called endocannabinoids. CBD enhances our ability to make more of our OWN endocannabinoids.
Which One is Right for You?
Okay so we’ve established that CBD is cool, and if you haven’t given it a try, it might be time. That said, one thing I’ve learned is that not all CBD is created equal: like any buzzy wellness product, the market is flooded with options, some of which are less-than-quality. Plus there are oil drops, capsules, creams, vapes, and even joints to choose from. I’ve tried a couple brands that I basically just felt zero effects from, and Adam has tried one that actually gave him a stomach ache and interrupted his sleep. SO, I’ve finally settled on Equilibria as my go-to — here’s why:
- Equilibria’s CBD is tested at the highest quality available in the US market – and comes straight from their 1,100 acre partner farm in Colorado.
- All of the products are 3rd party lab-tested with results readily available.
- Everything is organic, and free of metals, solvents, VOCs, etc.
- The products typically feature 3-4x the cannabinoids and terpenes found in other mainstream, over-the-counter CBD products. Basically, they’re the best.
I’m also really drawn to the brand’s unique approach to crafting the right dosage for a woman’s body. They have a team of dosage specialists who will work one-on-one with you to determine when, and how much, CBD is right for you.
**As a gift to our readers, Equilibria is offering a 15% discount on your first order so y’all can try it out. Just enter promo code camillestyles.
How and When I Take CBD.
I thought it was interesting to learn that CBD functions kind of like a vitamin — it works best when you use it every single day, and the benefits build on themselves. With a little experimentation and my dosage consultation, here’s where I’ve landed in my daily lineup (just remember that every woman’s body is different, and you’ve got to find what’s right for you!)
- In the morning, I take one 10 mg softgel when I take my morning supplements, with my cup of coffee. The capsules absorb more slowly since they need to pass through your digestive system. But that means they also have a lifespan of 5 – 12 hours, so they provide a sustained sense of calm energy throughout the day.
- At night, about an hour before bed, I take a 10mg dose (1 full dropper) of the oil drops, when I take my other evening supplements and make my bedtime tea. With the drops, you hold it under your tongue for at least 60 seconds, and they absorb into your bloodstream in just a few minutes. So you feel the effects pretty quickly.
- If I have sore or tight muscles in the evening, I’ll do a little massage (or even better, have Adam do it) with the Relief Cream, which absorbs into the skin without entering the bloodstream.
I used to think that CBD was only relaxing, but turns out that in small amounts, it can actually be energizing! That’s why figuring out the right dosage for you at different times of the day is a key part in bringing CBD into your healthy journey. I’d love to hear in the comments about your experience with CBD!
This post is in partnership with Equilibria. Enter promo code camillestyles for 15% off your first order! Thanks for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.
As per FDA guidelines, Equilibria is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any ailments or disease. As always, consult with your physician before starting any new program that may interact with your current health plan.
Share this Post