Have you noticed the wildflowers blooming on the side of the highways in Austin?! That’s my tell-tale sign that spring has arrived. Easter is only a couple of weeks away, so in the next few days we’ll be sharing three DIY projects that you can incorporate to your Easter brunch plans. First up are these sweet carrot-inspired greenery bouquets!
This project is super simple to execute, and will last longer than your typical floral arrangement. We picked up some fresh greenery at our local flower shop, but feel free to forage your backyard and neighborhood for everything you need to create this seasonal bouquet.
If you’re attending an Easter brunch at a family or friend’s house this year, we love the idea of gifting the hostess a giant carrot bouquet! She can easily throw it in a vase for a no-fuss centerpiece and bring a little bit of the outdoors in.
For those of you hosting your own Easter brunch this year, we love the idea of creating mini bouquets for each guest as a festive favor to take home, or a pretty place card set at each place setting. We couldn’t get enough of these little guys!
Keep reading for the list of supplies and instructions you’ll need to create your own carrot bouquets, and stay tuned for even more Easter DIYs over the next few days!
- orange wrapping paper
- white paint
- small paint brush
- various types of greenery
- Dry out your greenery until the ends are no longer wet. Trim your sprigs down to pieces that are 7" to 12" long, and create a bundle.
- Cut a 12"x12" square out of your orange wrapping paper, and place your greenery bundle in a corner of the square.
- Start wrapping by pulling the bottom corner up, and then wrap each side in. Tape the outer flap down in the back of your bundle.
- Use a skinny paint brush and white paint to create "ridges" on your carrot. Distribute to guests at an Easter brunch as a kitschy, springtime favor!
Feel free to experiment with different sizes of bouquets. We created a giant carrot bouquet that would make the perfect gift for your Easter brunch hostess!