For a casual weekend dinner party, I always serve food family style. There’s nothing like having guests pass around abundant platters of food to get them mingling and create a communal experience.
- 6 - 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 2 lemons, cut into wheels, plus more for garnish
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high, coat bottom of pan with oil, then add chicken skin side down. Cook for about 5 minutes until browned on one side and skin will release easily from pan, then flip.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, olives, lemon, and 8 sprigs of thyme.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Let rest tented with foil for a few minutes, then garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and more lemon wheels
Share this Post