This board might just be something out of my dreams. I am a die-hard fan of all things sweet, and no meal is complete for me without a sweet treat after. While the amount of baking I do increases tenfold during this time of year, the last thing I want to think about during a gathering is prepping some fancy dessert or worrying if what I baked turned out okay. Enter the easiest (and maybe the most fun) dessert you’ve ever made for a holiday gathering: a holiday cookie and candy board.
The best part about this board is that because it’s just assembling so many delicious things, it would be the ultimate way to serve up dessert at a cookie swap party! Have everyone bring over their favorite cookie, and add it to the board with the other sweet treats.
To create an entire ‘Holiday Party on a Board’ experience:
- An assortment of cookies (shortbread, biscotti, linzers, gingerbread cookies)
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Caramel Corn
- Christmas candies
- Salted Caramels
- Candy canes
- Peppermint Bark
1. For a little bit of structure and to separate a few things out, I used cupcake liners to stack like cookies and create some sections on the board rather than having just piles of cookies on top of each other.
2. To cut through the sweetness, I found some amazing salted caramels that were pre-wrapped and are perfect for guests who don't have a sweet tooth and just need a little bite of something from the board.
3. The other fun thin about this board is that you can incorporate ingredients that would also allow it to double has a hot chocolate bar. Whip up a big batch of your favorite hot chocolate for people to serve up for themselves, and then they can adorn their cups with marshmallows, candy cane stirrers, or cookies to dip with.
4. To make sure you don't end up with a whole board to yourself after the party, have a stack of to-go cookie boxes or parchment bags so guests can take extra cookies and candies home for themselves.