We’re having some unseasonably cold weather here in NYC… and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who’s totally over it. Although I’m not quite ready for the humidity of summer, the bright and lovely produce of the warmer months is sounding pretty heavenly right now. In rebellion, I’m eating tropical fruit chia pudding like it’s 80 degrees out. So far, it’s working for me…
This chia pudding is the perfect energizing breakfast when the weather outside (or inside your head) is looking a little dull. It’s the perfect base to experiment with flavors – this would be great with some added grapefruit or a squeeze of lime. I promise it will bring some brightness to your week, sunny or not.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 passion fruits
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together chia seeds with almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and sea salt. Store in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
- Once you're ready to serve, whisk together chia pudding again to mix evenly. Divide pudding between two jars.
- Slice passion fruits in half, and scoop out all juice and insides (including seeds!) into the jar (one passion fruit per jar).
- Top with shredded coconut and another splash of maple syrup or honey. Serve immediately!