There’s simply no way to go wrong with bruschetta. If you’re not familiar, bruschetta is a simple combination of sweet and savory flavors that typically tops a toasted slice of baguette. Our ricotta and plum bruschetta perfectly combines creamy ricotta, juicy plums, and fresh mint leaves, all nestled on a crispy grilled baguette. It’s an appetizer that will be in my recipe book for years to come.
Tomatoes, step aside. This ricotta and plum bruschetta might make you forget about the classic summer fruit staple. Just kidding—but it is a great alternative to enjoy during the summer. When developing our list of grilling recipes, we knew this recipe would be a fan favorite. It gets bonus points for comprising only five ingredients and consists of things you can easily snag on your next grocery store trip. This vibrant toast is sure to impress no matter the occasion.
What makes this recipe different from traditional bruschetta?
This ricotta and plum bruschetta is far from typical due to the unique combination of flavors and textures. Classic bruschetta often combines tomatoes, basil, and garlic, with no sweet elements. This fusion of sweet and savory flavors is vastly different—using rich ricotta cheese as a base for juicy ripe plums. The unexpected twist is something your guests definitely won’t see coming. But trust me: they’re going to love it.
Ingredients for Ricotta and Plum Bruschetta
- Plums. Be sure to pick the ripest plums for the juiciest flavor.
- Baguette. This is ideal to complement the light and fresh bruschetta, but any bread or loaf would work in a pinch.
- Ricotta. This is the best twist on a classic I’ve ever tried.
- Green onions. Green onions complement the creamy and sweet flavors of the bruschetta while also giving the topping the perfect crunch.
- Mint leaves. Mint leaves are ideal for sprucing up just about any dish or cocktail.
Other Simple Bruschetta Recipes
If simple is your game, go with the easiest bruschetta recipe of them all.
Slow-roasted tomatoes deliver a flavor like no other, and when paired with ricotta, they’re simply incredible.
For lovers of all things sweet potatoes, these crostini are exactly what you need.
A healthy, tomato-less bruschetta option.
Share this Post