From Berty of Hummus Among Us: “I created this recipe for my first popup catering event to compliment a classic hummus with a seasonal and local product. It turned out to be a great success! I love to pair it with whole tahini for its nutty, earthy flavors.”
- 2 lbs peeled kabocha squash or pumpkin
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup tahini sauce (paste with water, salt, and a splash of lemon)
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, coat squash with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash in a 350 degrees F oven until very soft and dark golden color.
- In a food processor, puree the squash, whisk in the tahini paste, until very smooth. If it gets too thick, add some water to loosen.
- Spread on a plate in a circular motion forming a "well" in the middle. Pour some tahini sauce in the center, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds, and drizzle some maple or date molasses.