Hi y’all! It’s officially Cinco de Mayo week, which means we’re mixing up lots of
frozen margaritas healthy Mexican dishes in my kitchen over the next few days. Now, I love chips & queso as much as any other self-respecting Austinite, but this year I’m in the mood to set out appetizers that are a little more unexpected, so: these healthy little taco salad bites were born.
Y’all probably remember from last year’s epic Nacho Party that I am obsessed with Garden of Eatin chips. Not only are they the best tasting chips out there, they’re GMO-free and made with organic corn, and all my friends who ate them throughout the entire summer on my back patio are now total converts.
Great news for us fangirls: the brand now makes these adorable bowls, in both white corn and blue corn, and I got inspired to make my new favorite Mexican-inspired appetizer with them. It’s all the flavors you love in a traditional taco salad, packed into one bite-sized sturdy little chip. Watch the video above to see how I make them (couldn’t be easier!) then scroll to the bottom for the recipe.
this crunchy crispy “chipped” post is sponsored by Garden of Eatin’. As always, opinions are 100% my own.
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, de-stemmed and shredded into ribbons
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 ears fresh corn, grilled and removed from the cob
- 24 Garden of Eatin' Blue or White Corn Bowls
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
*for the spicy cilantro vinaigrette
- 1 cup cilantro, stems & leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ cup olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- make the vinaigrette: combine all ingredients in a blender, then blend until well combined. Transfer to a serving container or jar.
- add the kale to a large bowl, pour a little of the vinaigrette onto it, then use fingers to massage dressing into kale for about 1 minute, until the kale starts to soften.
- Add the corn and beans to the kale, along with a little more dressing and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then mix until combined.
- Set out Garden of Eatin' Bowls on serving platter and fill with a scoop of salad. Top with a piece of avocado and cherry tomato quarter, then serve and eat!
Share this Post