- 1 large leeks, sliced thin (white parts only)
- 1 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup dried currants
- 3/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, 1/2" chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground coriange
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil, stir in wild rice, and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 40-45 minutes, or just until kernels puff open. Uncover and fluff with a fork and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil, stir in brown rice, and 1 tsp salt. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 40-45 minutes. Let sit covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Toast almonds in a350 degree oven until golden brown.
- Saute leeks with 3 tbsp olive oil until just wilted and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix cumin, allspice, coriander, and cayenne together.
- Saute squash with the remainder of the olive oil and season with spice mixture and some salt.
- Let all ingredients cool before combining. Mix rices, squash, leeks, lemon juice, and currants together. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with almonds and parsley.
Share this Post