Swimsuit season comes early in Austin! To prepare, we’ve put together 3 moves that will lift, tone and strengthen your seat. In addition to looking swimsuit ready, strong glutes will improve your posture and athletic performance. Try incorporating these three moves into your weekly workout routine and you will be that much closer to your summer MOD BOD!
One Leg Squat
- Grab a weight and start standing with feet parallel, hips width apart, and knees slightly bent.
- Extend your right leg straight and lift your leg laterally to the side so your toes are off the ground. Arms are bent with hands at chest as you hold onto your weight and balance.
- Bend your left leg and lower into a one legged squat.
- While in your squat, lift and lower your right leg for extra challenge.
- Do this 20 times on the right side and repeat on the left for 2 minutes.
Table Top with Weight
- Start in a tabletop position on the floor. For an extra challenge grab your weight and place it behind your left knee. Bend your knee to activate your hamstring.
- Place your right forearm on the ground to support your body, extend your left arm straight and externally rotate your left hip open.
- Lift your left leg off the ground above your hip to target your side glute. Lower your left leg for 1 repetition.
- Do this for 2 minutes on one side and repeat on the other side.
Single Leg Bridge with Weights
- Grab a set of 3-5 pound weights. Start lying on the floor in a bridge position. Feet are hips width apart and hips lifted off the ground. Place the weights over your hips for extra challenge.
- Extend your right leg straight without letting your hips drop. With your leg extended straight, lower and lift your hips once. Then lower and lift your right leg without letting your hips drop. To modify, bring your knee to tabletop.
- Do this 10 times on the right side and repeat on the other side for 3 minutes.