Positive affirmations, especially for women, can feel challenging. We’ve been taught to put ourselves last, prioritizing others’ happiness above our own. Perhaps we’ve even learned that to think of ourselves in a positive light is selfish or conceited. (Trust me, it’s anything but.) But many of us have heard—whether from a well-meaning friend, a therapist, or a self-help book—that practicing positive affirmations in front of the mirror can make a huge difference in our lives. And as strange or as awkward as the experience feels—it’s true.
Behind these ideas of positive affirmations lies the science of self-affirmation theory. In essence, it asserts that when we tell (and repeat) our beliefs to ourselves, we can “maintain our sense of self-integrity.” But even with science to back it up, I’ve still felt the imposter syndrome creeping in when I try to practice positive affirmations myself.
The Importance of Practicing Positive Affirmations for Women
It’s normal to experience doubt in those moments when you tell yourself something that feels deeply untrue. For example, on a day when nothing seems to be going right, your hair’s doing all sorts of funky things, and a zit decided to show up out of nowhere, it can feel inauthentic to say “I experience beauty from within.”
When we practice positive affirmations daily, we not only share kind and loving words with ourselves, but we start to believe them.
My advice? Feel it! Then take a step back, and ask yourself where those emotions are coming from. Is it a feeling of inner doubt or of comparison? Or perhaps it’s motivated by something someone said to you in the past. The point is that when we look deeper into our self-limiting beliefs, we begin to see the faults in these stories we’ve told ourselves. We see how we’ve kept ourselves from stepping into the truth of who we really are—lovely and full of light.
When we practice positive affirmations daily, we not only share kind and loving words with ourselves, but we start to believe them. While you may not experience an epiphany from any of the positive affirmations below, I will say this: with practice comes promise.
Positive Affirmations for Women That Will Change Your Life
Read through the positive affirmations for women below and see what resonates. While I like to practice positive affirmations as a part of my morning routine, you’re welcome to say these whenever, wherever works best for you. If there’s even just one line that resonates and feels authentic to you, I hope you’ll carry it with you and believe all the beautiful truths it says about who you are.
1. I have the power to change.
2. I am enough. I have always been enough. I will always be enough.
3. My bravery shines in every act and every decision.
4. I am always capable of creating inner peace.
5. I am grateful for my strong, healthy body.
6. I have everything within me to reach the success I desire.
7. I gain more experience and more wisdom as I age.
8. I have a gift for finding the beauty in everything.
9. I can create the life I’ve always dreamed of.
10. In every moment, I’m exactly where I need to be.
11. Healing is always available to me.
12. With every breath, I inhabit my strong, beautiful body.
13. I attract love and abundance.
14. I deserve to be seen.
15. My needs and wants are important.
16. Feeling my emotions is a powerful thing.
17. I can open my heart to others.
18. I have a unique and beautiful perspective.
19. Self-love is a process and I can choose to enjoy the journey of its discovery.
20. Every day, I make choices that support my well-being and my self-worth.
21. I stand proudly in my truth.
22. I will always hold onto hope.
23. Growth may be uncomfortable, but it’s a journey I choose to be present for.
24. I have kind, wonderful friends and family who will always believe in me.
25. There’s no point in comparison. I don’t know their story and they don’t know mine.
26. My life is not measured by likes and followers. I can find self-worth in things others can’t see.
27. I can cultivate calmness.
28. I can’t change what others think of me, but I can choose how I respond.
29. I release what doesn’t serve me.
30. There are abundant blessings all around me.
31. I release what doesn’t serve me.
32. Every day, I’m getting better and better.
33. I embrace my glorious, sometimes messy life.
34. I celebrate each day through gratitude.
35. I am actively shaping the life that’s waiting for me.
36. I have the courage to go after my dreams.
37. Failure is simply an opportunity for me to learn.
38. Every day has the potential to be the best day of my life.
39. I can always start again.
40. I can get through difficult days.
41. Healing takes time, and I can give myself that pause.
42. Good things flow toward me and I embrace the abundance.
43. My potential is limitless.
44. I eat for pleasure, for health, and without judgment.
45. Today will be a success.
46. I am having a positive impact on everyone I meet.
47. I know what to do with the challenges I face.
48. Healing doesn’t follow a linear path, but I can still see my progress.
49. I free myself of doubt.
50. I love the person I am becoming.
51. Every day is a new opportunity to experience magic.
52. I know and can trust my truth.
53. My work inspires others.
54. The first step is always the hardest, but it’s one I can take.
55. Rejection is redirection.
56. I find value in what is meaningful to me.
57. I have survived every day before this.
58. My presence alone will brighten someone’s day.
59. I experience optimal health by giving my body, mind, and soul everything they need.
60. I give myself permission to be okay with exactly where I am in this moment.
This post was originally published on December 31, 2022, and has since been updated.