There are few experiences that compare to a relaxing bath after a long, stressful day. I love to pour a glass of red wine, light my favorite candle, and throw in some bath bubbles, essential oils, and bath bombs. I turn off the lights, and turn the water on as hot as I can stand it. Since I feel “connected” for the majority of my day, I always like to turn off my phone while I’m in the bath, and grab my computer to play a podcast, my current Netflix obsession, or a relaxing playlist –our Chill Out and Sleepy Time playlists are my favorites for winding down.
Since I’ve been experimenting with CBD oil for relieving stress and anxiety, I thought it could be just the thing missing from my perfect bath setup. Enter: CBD epsom salt bath bombs — the ultimate detoxifying, pain-relieving, and stress-reducing combo for your next bath. You can read all about the many benefits of the buzzed-about hemp plant extract here, but basically CBD is a tried and true treatment for pain that’s making waves in the health community, and changing the way many people are healing themselves of all sorts of ills. Sounds perfect for a bath bomb, right?! And, they are shockingly easy to make. Here’s everything you need to know to DIY your very own CBD bath bombs at home.
- -8oz epsom salts
- -8oz corn starch
- -8oz baking soda
- -4oz citric acid (when mixed with baking soda, this is what makes bath bombs fizz!)
- -Bath bomb molds
- -CBD oil (1 dropper full per bath bomb you make)
- -1 tablespoon oil (any oil works- hemp, coconut, avocado - we did coconut for extra moisture)
- -1 1/2 teaspoon water
- -Any essential oils you want for the bombs (I used a mix of eucalyptus, lavender, and citrus blends)
- -Any "flair" of choice -- glitter, food coloring, dried flowers, etc. (we used dried roses and lavender)
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a large bowl- epsom salt, citric acid, baking soda, corn starch. Add in your “flair”- glitter, food coloring, dried flowers, etc.
- In a small bowl combine all your wet ingredients - water, essential oils, CBD oil, & oil.
- SLOWLY pour your liquid mixture into your dry mixture, little by little. Keep stirring slowly as you pour. You do NOT want it to start to fizz, and if you dump the liquid mixture in, it will fizz.
- Once all your liquid is poured in, whisk until there are no clumps. When all mixed, the consistency should be that of damp sand. Grab some in your hand & see if it holds it shape when you release your grip. If so, you’re good to go. If not, add a tad more water.
- Pack up your molds, and don’t dilly dally! This is time sensitive because you don’t want your mixture to dry out. Pack each half of your molds separately & really pack it down. Put both halves together & repeat until you fill all your molds.
- Let dry for 24 hours. (don't open the molds, even though you'll be tempted to)
- Enjoy your magical healing power bath bombs!